Job Title: Structural Designer
Business: The Royal Group
Location: Halls, TN
At The Royal Group, we are committed to our employees. We strive to foster a culture built on growth, values, and teamwork. Your hard work and dedication pay off. At TRG we pride ourselves on leading our industry in both employee and customer experience. Our culture and values are the core of our continued success. We strive to always exceed expectations and continuously improve to meet all commitments. We strive to grow our business with the same integrity and ingenuity we use to deliver our products, with sustainability and sales lift for our clients. We continually seek the best people combined with the most innovative software, machinery, and technology the industry has to offer.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers with great speed and flexibility.
We are seeking a Structural Designer at our facility in Halls, TN. As a Structural Designer, you are responsible for overseeing the creation of packaging designs and samples to assist our Sales Representatives in sales efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create design concepts, drawings, and samples that meet customer/sales expectations in a timely fashion, with superior quality within means that are efficiently reproducible by our production and hand assembly teams.
- Analyze packaging needs of existing and prospective customers to develop new or improved design concepts or samples that are improvements to our customers or our internal production team.
- Direct subordinates and oversee elements of performance, including meeting deadlines and coordinating priority levels of workload.
- Analyze changes in the packaging industry. Research innovations in materials, components, and equipment that can be adapted to company operations as improvements or new innovation. Make recommendations to maximize sales, product quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Review accounts and make recommendations for updates on style, board weight, new developments, etc.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on occasion to present new products or designs to customers or prospects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- High School or GED minimum education required.
- Three years’ experience in a design, graphics, drafting or related field.
- Good communicator with customers and sales staff.
- Secondary education or Degree in the field of drafting, design, and engineering.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing facility, especially in the corrugated industry.
- Ability to program, function in, and maintain files and revisions in company design software.
- Ability to create documents in various computer programs to meet company procedural needs, retrieve and utilize customer data, and report specifications and product structures accurately.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, etc.