Title: Regional Sales Manager
Location: The Royal Group – Columbus, OH
At The Royal Group, we are committed to our employees. We strive to foster a culture built on growth, values, and teamwork. Your hard work and dedication pays off. At TRG we pride ourselves on leading our industry in both employee and customer experience. Our culture and values are the core of our continued success. We strive to always exceed expectations and continuously improve to meet all commitments. We strive to grow our business with the same integrity and ingenuity we use to deliver our products, with sustainability and sales lift for our clients. We continually seek the best people combined with the most innovative software, machinery, and technology the industry has to offer.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers with great speed and flexibility.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for all functions of the Sales Department including sales in general, sales personnel, planning, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Supervise, manage and direct the sales staff and related positions (i.e. design, sales service, scheduling, customer service, and shipping) by recruiting, selecting, hiring and training or assisting the Field Sales Manager in training new sales staff members.
- Develop and implement policies, programs and procedures to educate, develop, and motivate sales staff to provide excellent customer service and maximize sales.
- Monitor sales volume, product mix, and market changes and analyze and use information to make and recommend equipment, personnel, product, and inventory changes to maximize sales and profits.
- Maintain working knowledge of profit and loss statements and estimates; forecast the profit level of box products based on production capabilities; prepare annual sales forecasts.
- Provide excellent customer service by overseeing credit controls and granting credit to customers when necessary and maintaining customer contacts with all major accounts.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED plus related college courses.
- Five years’ experience in the corrugated industry preferred.
- Five – Ten years’ sales experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, profits, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and employees. Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply proper understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information or standardization exists.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his/her personnel both in the sales and administrative parts of the position.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high level of emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
- Employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, stand, and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and peripheral vision.