Job Title: Production Supervisor
Business: Maxpak – a Royal Group Company
Location: Lakeland, FL
Shift: 2nd or 3rd Shift
Supervision of all employees within the Production department in the daily routine of manufacturing quality corrugated products on a safe and productive manner with minimum waste. Provide cross-training to employees in key positions.
- Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicate these standards to the team on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report quality concerns to Quality Systems Manager and Production Manager. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
- Directly supervise all employees assigned to the department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Includes training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work and appraising performance by completing reviews on an annual basis – rewarding and disciplining employees, conflict resolution, team building, coaching and leading employees to improve, addressing complaints and resolving problems, documentation, and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems and discuss with HR when appropriate or needed.
- Maintain inventories of departmental supplies.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager on any repairs or preventive maintenance done within the department.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce the corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with employees involving HR in all disciplinary type proceedings.
- Conduct weekly production/safety meetings with department personnel.
- Make decisions and communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Improve career skills by enrolling in seminars, technical courses, and related college courses.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, safety program, LEAN program, and good housekeeping.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills
- Practical problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- Leadership ability
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years prior supervisory and/or experience in corrugated industry
- Maintain a current Lift Truck Operator license