Job Title: Production Supervisor
Business: Maxpak – a Royal Group Company
Location: Lakeland, FL
Lead Production Department to maintain safety, quality, and efficient production. Manage Supervisor’s in the production department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees – planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Oversee performance of supervisors. Communicate company standards to staff.
- Establish high morale throughout staff by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Report any mechanical, scheduling, or personnel problems that may have significant effects on operations.
- Oversee the proper training and manning of plant positions.
- Oversee the inventory of parts and supplies in order to ensure a continuous operation.
- Responsible for the upkeep of machinery; coordinate maintenance work with minimal downtime.
- Solve production problems that are not or cannot be resolved at the supervisory level.
- Assist the Plant Scheduler to meet the customer’s needs and keep cost at a minimal level. Notify Plant Scheduler of any needed changes to the production schedule.
- Communicate with Accounting, Human Resources, and Purchasing to ensure the various needs of the production department as well as see those respective department needs are met by production.
- Work with Sales and Design on new styles or items for run ability on existing equipment. Work with Sales Service to determine proper instructions are forwarded to production for producing items.
- Provide input for annual budget and capital plan.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five to ten years’ experience as a proven manager
- Five to ten years’ manufacturing experience PREFERREDin the corrugated industry
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.):
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence effectively and accurately. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, commissions, proportions, taxes, insurance premiums, and accruals. Requires strong mathematical skills using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability– Ability to solve practical problems and not so practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Technical Skills – Computer literate (MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations, data entry accuracy, and OSHA laws and compliance.
MUST have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor’s role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall cost and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Budget development, adherence, and analysis.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA and EEO.
Leadership Attributes – must possess the following: superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting, superior communication and teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his/her personnel, excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution, professional appearance, and demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative of the Company.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the plant work environment is usually loud.