Title: Plant Manager
Location: The Royal Group – Halls, TN
Reports to: General Manager
Plan, coordinate, direct and manage production and office facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders and company products or services are processed in accordance with planned schedules, job specifications and quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and direct plant activities, effectively using available resources to meet production schedules for customer orders and inventory requirements.
- Implement standard pricing changes and variations due to general market conditions and customer requirements.
- Make sure that all updates have been made to the computer system with correct pricing.
- Determine pricing of non-standard materials, cuts and products.
- Implement revisions to work instructions and procedures.
- Oversee, manage and direct general office.
- Recommend and establish department organization and staff responsibilities to meet planned objectives.
- Investigate and resolve unusual problems on the production floor.
- Investigate and recommend solutions to customer concerns.
- Develop and recommend improved operating methods and procedures to increase plant productivity.
- Ensure all employees are trained on operations and safety procedures.
- Maintain and monitor communication between all shifts.
- Prepare reports for management as requested.
- Keep current with technological changes and developments in related fields.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Other Significant Job Functions Include:
- Hire, train, review work, assist employees, establish production standards, evaluate performance, enforce company rules and recommend changes in employee status.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Good communicator with customers and staff.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing facility, especially in the corrugated industry.
- Secondary education or Degree
- Supervisory experience as a proven manager
Required Skills (Technical, Clerical, Language, ETC.)
- Ability to program, function in, and maintain files and revisions in company design software.
- Ability to create documents in various computer programs to meet company procedural needs, retrieve and utilize customer data, and report specifications and product structures accurately.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand 100% of shift
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms during entire shift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools, high-temperature glues, and sharps. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.
This Position Description is not intended to guarantee, and does not guarantee, ongoing employment or employment for a definite term, either in this position or with the Company. Absent an enforceable written contract to the contrary, and to the fullest extent allowed by federal, state and local law, an employee’s employment relationship with the Company is at-will.