Location: Marion, OH
The Royal Group, an affiliate of Schwarz Partners, currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Technician II (3rd shift) in Marion, OH. As a Maintenance Technician II, you will set up and operate a variety of tools, fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair, and performs preventative maintenance on machines. This position requires basic electrical knowledge, advanced mechanical skills, light fabricating and knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and how to repair.
Headquartered in Cicero, IL, The Royal Group serves a wide range of markets with retail display and corrugated packaging solutions. We are committed to our employees, and we strive to foster a culture built on growth, values, and teamwork. Our culture and values are the core of our continued success. We strive to always exceed expectations and continuously improve to meet all commitments.
Today, our expanded footprint includes 3,000 employees working in 56 locations, meaning no matter where our customers do business, we have a trusted, local resource supported by an enterprise-wide array of insight, technology and creativity to get the job done.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers.
Essential job functions:
- Observes operating machines/equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and determine need to adjustment or repair.
- Monitors and audits equipment for performance, preforms calibrations, preventative maintenance.
- Dismantles machines/equipment to examine parts for defect.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts and specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
- Move existing equipment and set up new equipment when needed.
- Ability to install plumbing, fittings, electrical conduit, electrical conductors in accordance with local, state and federal codes.
- Install pneumatic and hydraulic hoses, fittings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
TRG requires the following skills and abilities:
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees of the organization.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and dependable with time management skills.
- 1-3+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting preferred.
- Knowledge of equipment design and capabilities and the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
- High school diploma or GED.
- An energetic, motivated, and dependable worker who is dedicated to the job and team.
- The ability to function as a mature, professional individual, who interacts positively with teammates.
- The willingness to function effectively in a team environment and tackle any task required for the success of the team.
As an industry leader TRG offers:
- Year-round employment for job stability.
- Exceptional pay and great, affordable benefits (including life, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and more!).
- Paid holidays, overtime pay, and vacation time.
- Unlimited opportunities for growth, training, and career advancement.
- $500 bonus after 90 days of employment with good attendance and performance.
- Opportunity for wage increase after 6+ months with qualifying experience and good performance.
- A respectful, empowering, team-oriented and employee-friendly environment.
- TRG truly values our employees as our greatest asset and we strive to support both you and your family at work and in life.
- Compensation commensurate with experience/knowledge.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer-focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!
The Royal Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Signing bonus
- Industrial Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity