Title: Converting Supervisor
Location: The Royal Group – Cicero, IL
Royal Bay, a TRG company and subsidiary of Schwarz Partners, is currently seeking a Converting Supervisor to support our Cicero, IL facility. As a Converting Supervisor, you will be responsible for all day-to-day manufacturing operations including safety, quality, waste, and productivity within a designated department and shift. The position contributes to achieving the plant’s sales objectives through coordination of workflow and productivity.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
- Achieve desired results in Safety by demonstrating personal commitment and leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment.
- Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
- Achieve desired results in quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
- Minimize waste within the department by driving awareness, training and accountability.
- Participate in machine center goal setting process.
- Drive maximum throughput within the department by reducing set up times and increasing uptimes and machine speeds.
- Support Culture and maintain a strong focus on Housekeeping within the department.
- Identify equipment issues and coordinate necessary maintenance activities (including preventative) on the various production machines.
- Responsible for accurate production documentation/data entry.
- Problem solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise.
- Support effective labor utilization and efficiencies through participating in the process of employee scheduling, appropriate use of overtime.
- As appropriate, ensure department/area of responsibility is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and permitting requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding and appreciation for key financial drivers in the plant and how they affect the bottom line.
- Be fluent in calculating the various costs of decisions as well as inventory costs.
- Coach and develop hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness.
- Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
- Ensure performance feedback is completed effectively and on a timely basis.
- Reward and recognize employees.
- Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
- Supervises subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the or organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problem.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years operations and supervisor experience within a manufacturing company.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous background in corrugated, paper, or similar manufacturing environments preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate with others in a professional, concise manner.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer-focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!
All job offers are contingent upon a pre-employment drug test, and background check. TRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.