Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Greenfield, IN
The Royal Group, an affiliate of Schwarz Partners, LP, currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Controller in Greenfield, IN. As an Assistant Controller, you will direct the financial affairs of the organization and prepare financial analyses of operations, including interim and financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
At The Royal Group, we are committed to our employees. We strive to foster a culture built on growth, values, and teamwork. Your hard work and dedication pays off. At TRG we pride ourselves on leading our industry in both employee and customer experience. Our culture and values are the core of our continued success. We strive to always exceed expectations and continuously improve to meet all commitments. We strive to grow our business with the same integrity and ingenuity we use to deliver our products, with sustainability and sales lift for our clients. We continually seek the best people combined with the most innovative software, machinery, and technology the industry has to offer.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintain the Company’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets and determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures, including the cost accounting system, and analyses and reports variances.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provide the organization and its management with the necessary appropriate financial and operating information.
- Prepare and analyze consolidated financial results of domestic and international divisions.
- Recommend and implement companywide cost reduction programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree with a focus on Accounting and/or Finance.
- Five years managing financial/accounting department.
- Three years of experience in a manufacturing-related environment.
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the corrugated industry; and in cash management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors & customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value. Ability to evaluate financial alternatives and recognize and interpret financial trends and performance.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Computer knowledge; MS Office, Proficient knowledge and application of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of tax codes and regulatory requirements.
- Quality standards of both ISO and QS.
- Employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear & sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
All job offers are contingent upon a pre-employment drug test, credit check, and background check. The Royal Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.