Title: Plant Manager
Location: The Royal Group – Halls, TN
Reports to: Operations Manager
Plan, coordinate, direct and manage production and office facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders and company products or services are processed in accordance with planned schedules, job specifications and quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Proven work experience as a plant manager (5 or more years)
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing principles
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Comfortable with communicating with customers
- High School diploma or GED
- Good communicator with customers and staff.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing facility, especially in the corrugated industry.
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Lean Training Certification
- Competent with Amtech Software
- Maintenance Management background
- Ability to program, function in, and maintain files and revisions in company design software.
- Ability to create documents in various computer programs to meet company procedural needs, retrieve and utilize customer data, and report specifications and product structures accurately.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand 100% of shift.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms during entire shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools, high temperature glues, and sharps. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.