Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Shillington Box Company – Halls, TN
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions
- Talks with customer by phone or in person and receives order for entry, discontinuance or change in service. Follows order through production & shipping and advised delivery date.
- Fills out contact forms, determines charges for service requested, prepare change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Ability to multi-task and handle demands of customers and multiple accounts.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Visits customers at their place of business to investigate conditions preventing completion of service connection orders and to obtain contract and deposit when service is being used without contract.
Other Significant Job Functions Include:
- Have understanding of the HACCP based safety plans and an understanding of Food Safety codes and requirements applicable to Shillington Box and maintain Food Safety system relevant to the supplier scope of certification.
- Food Safety team member, ensures compliance with GMP and safe food handling. Ensures food safety procedures are maintained.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Participate in CIP as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum six months corrugated packaging experience.
- Knowledge of Amtech Software
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Inventory software
- Manufacturing software
- Order processing systems
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.