Title: Customer Service Representative I
Location: The Royal Group – Addison, IL
TRG Addison, a subsidiary of Schwarz Partners is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative and brown box extraordinaire to support our Addison, IL facility. As a Customer Service Representative you will take and process customer orders, address all customer inquiries and complaints, and work with/assist designers, the sales team, and production team as well.
The Royal Group’s mission is to provide value-added solutions to the most demanding customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take customer orders either directly from customers or sales representatives.
- Place orders on a timely basis for purchases of materials and supplies to be used in production.
- Process billing.
- Handle customer complaints and questions and follow-up with appropriate internal personnel as required.
- Maintain customer files.
- Process new items and purchase orders.
- Coordinate accounting credits.
- Record and distribute customer order changes.
- Fax confirmations to customers.
- Assist sales personnel as appropriate and assist in generating supplemental sales.
- Track warehouse items to insure availability and that agreed upon minimum/maximum levels are followed.
- Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per customer.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Required Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of related customer service experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment with customer service preferred.
- HRMS computer data-entry experience preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in the corrugated box industry preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram (graphic) form.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information or standardization exists.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer-focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!