Title: Customer Service Manager
Location: Shillington Box Company – Halls, TN
Reports to: Operations Manager
Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions
- Talks with customer by phone or in person and receives order for processing. This position is the main contact for customer complaints and credits that are passed on from customer service reps.
- Approves quotations based on established pricing guidelines.
- Monitor order-entry to ensure proper pricing is used.
- Monitor daily sales to aid in the “night-crawling” process. Delegate items that should be reviewed to customer service or purchasing.
- Determines charges for service requested, prepare change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Ensures credits are processed in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with our ISO certification.
- Visits customers at their place of business.
- Regular and predictable attendance
Other Significant Job Functions Include:
- Maintain the due date board by utilizing Crystal, Amtech and Excel programs. Provide adequate information to Customer Service as to what our current backlog by machine is.
- Interview, hire and train employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Participate in CIP as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Work with Accounting and authorize the release of orders on Credit Hold
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SBC LLC’S policies, The Collective Bargaining Agreement and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Inventory software
- Manufacturing software
- Order processing systems
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.