Title: Corrugator Machine Operator
Location: The Royal Group – Halls, TN
Operates computer on machine and monitors for order quality during runs. Also required to understand and rotate throughout shift, other positions including: feeder, stacker and set-up.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses the computer contrails to make necessary adjustments on the machine and monitors to quality.
- Power on machine, bundler, stacking conveyor, load former and feed conveyor prior to starting your shift.
- Lifts heavy objects, up to 50 lbs, by hand and cleans work area.
- Make sure order line-up agrees with computer line-up.
- Check for accuracy with orders and order sheets.
- Make sure boxes are to standard according to checklist.
- Check bundles for accurate count and defective boxes.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
- Computer literate – good computer data entry skills.
- Corrugated experience
- Ability to add, to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use tape measure; and to use a computer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand 100% of shift.
- Walk 90% of shift
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms during entire shift.
- Required to climb stairs at this position for 30% of shift.
- Must twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 30% of shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and it is required that you wear hearing protection. Safety glasses within the plant are also required. Safety shoes are encouraged. Employee must watch where he/she walks in order to remain safe.
- The essential job functions and major job functions are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the job functions that an individual will be required or expected to perform.
- Position Descriptions may be changed or revised by the Company from time to time at its sole discretion.